NORCAL GRC Field Skills & Intro to Advanced Diversion Drills – Dec 17, 2017
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017 – Rain or Shine!
Time: Discussion will start at 8:30 am. Please arrive by 8:00 am to sign in and air your dogs. Plan on staying through the early afternoon.
Location: CRTA Denverton Training Grounds, Suisun City
Cost: $5.00 per dog, checks payable to NORCAL GRC.
Guest Trainers: Debbie Tandoc & Nancy Murillo
Join us for a continuation of November’s fabulous Field Skills & Drills Training Day.
Debbie Tandoc and Nancy Murillo will present more core skills that every team should master, and will introduce:
Advanced Diversion Drills
More details to follow…
Drills/Skills – Lifetime of repetition and Variation (with and without visible markers):
- Wagon Wheels
- Casting – 8 handed
- Marking and Lining Drills (too numerous to list)
- Online Reference – http://www.kwicklabs.com/drills.htm
Please RSVP to Debbie Tandoc no later than 3 days prior to event to ensure enough equipment is available. All information for the event will be e-mailed upon receipt of RSVP.
Training Day Details
General Items to Bring
- Shade and/or rain protection for your dogs’ crate
- Water for you and your dog
- Lunch for you
- Towels for muddy dogs and yourself
Equipment you need to Bring
- Training Whistle
- Duck Call
- Folding Chair
- Ear protection (simple ear plugs work)
- Warm clothing and rain gear if needed. Layers work very well.
- Rain boots for muddy walks out into the field to throw
- Walkie Talkie Radio, if you have one
- Blank Pistol and ammunition, if you have these
- JH and higher levels should plan on purchasing these, if you haven’t already
This is a Norcal Golden Retriever Club training day, so there are no guest fees for Denverton CRTA. However, if you are not a Denverton CRTA member, you will need to sign a hold-harmless form. (If you are a member, but have not signed a form this year, you will also need to sign one.) You will find the hold harmless form here.
Please stay on the gravel road and do NOT try to drive around puddles on the side of the road. If you get stuck in the mud and have to have a tow truck come, it is very, very, very expensive and AAA will not come out. In addition, you are responsible for costs to repair any damage to the grounds due to your vehicle.