NORCAL GRC Field Training Day – May 7, 2017
Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017 – Rain or Shine!
Time: We start running dogs at 8:30 am. Please arrive by 8:00 am to sign in and air your dogs. Plan on staying through the afternoon.
Location: CRTA Denverton Training Grounds, T9, Suisun City
Cost: $5.00 per dog, checks payable to NORCAL GRC.
Guest Trainer: TBD
Beginner Group Trainer: Susan Osborn Stratton
Scroll Down for all the Details
Join us for a Field Training Day, everyone is welcome – from field newbies to experienced teams!
Please RSVP to Susan Osborn no later than 3 days prior to event to ensure enough equipment is available. All information for the event will be e-mailed upon receipt of RSVP.
This training day is for WC/X preparation.
Don’t forget we have the NORCAL GRC WC & WCX event coming up in May.
There will be a special beginner group for puppies to beginner dogs to come out and see what retrieving is all about.
Training Day Details
According to Susan’s weather app it says it will be a nice day, but we will train Rain or Shine!
This is an all-day training, please plan on staying all-day and throwing, as your training buddies will be throwing for you.
General Items to Bring
- Shade for your dogs’ crate
- Water for you and your dog
- Lunch for you (we have a good sized group, so we will not be stopping for lunch)
- Towels for muddy dogs and yourself
Equipment you need to Bring
- Training Whistle
- Duck Call
- Folding Chair
- Ear protection (simple ear plugs work)
- Warm clothing and rain gear if weather app is wrong. Layers work very well.
- Rain boots for muddy walks out into the field to throw
- Walkie Talkie Radio
- JH and higher levels should have these already
- Blank Pistol and ammunition
- JH and higher levels should plan on purchasing these, if you haven’t already
This is a Norcal Golden Retriever Club training day, so there are no guest fees for Denverton CRTA. However, if you are not a Denverton CRTA member, you will need to sign a hold-harmless form. (If you are a member, but have not signed a form this year, you will also need to sign one.) You will find the hold harmless form here.
Please stay on the gravel road and do NOT try to drive around puddles on the side of the road. If you get stuck in the mud and have to have a tow truck come, it is very, very, very expensive and AAA will not come out. In addition, you are responsible for costs to repair any damage to the grounds due to your vehicle.